Following the distribution of a recent parental questionnaire, 50% were returned and the valuable feedback was as follows:-
100% of parents agreed/strongly agreed:-
- Their child is happy and makes good progress
- Teaching is good
- Parents are kept well informed about progress
- Parents are comfortable about approaching school
- Staff expect the best
- School is well led and managed
- Homework is appropriate
- Staff encourage children to become mature and independent
- School is a safe place
95% agreed/strongly agreed with all other areas of the questionnaire.
In the new school year we will look at the suggestions made and inform parents of any developments.
A few comments 'What do we do well?'
- 'Your school is a happy one with kind caring staff who go above and beyond to ensure children are happy'.
- 'Just about everything'.
- 'Deal with issues/concerns quickly and keep parents well informed'.
- 'We feel privilged to have such and amazing school on our doorstep - thank you! Sometimes I'm jealous of X - her lessons seem so much fun!'
- 'We are delighted with school'.
- 'We have had an excellent experience with Gisburn School'.
- 'Quality of teaching is excellent'.
- 'Staff are friendly and fun!'
- 'We really like the text messaging information service and being able to make payments online is great'.
- Parents are always made to feel welcome - there is a lovely sense of community'.
- 'Can't praise School enough - keep up your hard work, thank-you'.
- Gisburn School is an excellent school which provides an excellent foundation for the children'.