A big thank you to Mr Walton for kindly coming into school to deliver a very important message from our local Fire Service about the importance of water safety.
Drowning Prevention Message from Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service
‘Stay Safe Near Water’
When the warm weather hits, please don’t be tempted to cool off in open water -
- The water is colder than it looks, even on a warm evening
- This can lead to cold water shock
- The current is stronger than it looks
- There are hidden dangers beneath the surface
- It is likely to be unsupervised
If you see someone in trouble in the water:
- call 999;
- encourage them not to panic;
- and, if they can’t stand, float on their back in a starfish shape.